Wednesday 19 March 2014

Glow in the dark skulls make me very happy!

Hi guys! Today I have a really fun mani for you. I recently purchased a BYS Glow in the Dark Top Coat from ebay for £3.09 here, and I couldn't wait to try it out.  I wasn't sure how good it would be for the price, but I was actually quite impressed with it.......



The base for this mani is 3 coats of Pop Beauty - Radioactive, and I applied 2 coats of the BYS top coat over that.  Then when it was dry, I stamped this image from MoYou - Back to the 80's 03 with Konad Black, and top coated.
Since this green glows in UV light, I had to get a photo of that for you too.  This was my first experience with UV light or GITD photos, so sorry if they're a bit iffy.  I don't think I did too bad though, I was quite worried they would be awful :)
So cool! 
It says on the box that it works best when it's been held next to an artificial light to charge for a little while, so I held my nails under my lamp for 30 seconds prior to taking this photo.  I charged them again before going to bed that night, and the glow did seem to last quite a while.  I kept taking my hands out the covers to look at them :p  I loved these nails, and I will be using this top coat again for sure.  Next time, I'll try and get some photos of the glowy base before adding any nail art too :D
What do you guys think, are you loving the glow in the dark nails as much as me?



6 comments:

  1. These are awesome, I need to get some glow in the dark polish :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! You really do, I can't believe it took me so long to get it,it had been on my watch list for ages! :D x

      Delete
  2. AWESOMENESS!!!!! Your nails look FANTABULOUS & your pics came out fine. I know my phone camera has a hard time focusing in black light, let alone the dark. You caught the details of the design quite well! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thanks hun! I knew you would approve of GITD neon skulls. Luckily I have a proper camera that my dad gave me, so I think that definitely helped with the photos :) xx

      Delete
    2. I have a 'real' camera but getting pics off it & recharging the battery are such a pita that I haven't used it in years. Mr Inky says it's likely that my phone's camera may even be better due to the age difference. I just know my phone is handy & it's easy to get my pics onto my 'puter. Seeing this mani makes me want to go stamp over gitd again! <3

      Delete
    3. Ah see, mine is easier than my phone, just take the memory card out and stick it in the laptop :) They are the same MP, but my camera has a macro setting + my phone doesn't :D
      I like that I'm inspiring you to do even more awesomeness! xx

      Delete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )