Monday 17 March 2014

Layered Textured Stamping

Hi guys, sorry I didn't post anything yesterday. I decided to shift around the furniture in my room so I can put a 5th spice rack up, as, once again, I've run out of space!  Unfortunately, I may have underestimated how long it was going to take me, so by the time I had finished it was a bit too late to post.  So, this mani is what I would have shown you then......



 On Saturday I posted some stamping over a texture that sort of blended in with the background. I kind of liked it, so I wanted to experiment with layered stamping in the same fashion.  It's basically just a variation of double stamping, just with different images as well as colours.  I'm not sure if this has been done somewhere already, but if it has, I'd love to know where so I can have a nosey :)
I used Seventeen - Cameo Crush as a base, then stamped this stripey image from MoYou Festive 03 with W7 - Pink Mirror.  Then I stamped this image from MoYou - Back to the 80's 03 with a light purple Color Club Foil that doesn't have a name on it, although I think it *might* be Secret Agent.
 I liked this mani (except the big chunk I somehow took off the index finger during clean-up - smh!), and I think I will be playing around with this technique some more in the future.  I may even try it with creams, although I get a feeling the bumpy texture will work a lot better, but hey, you never know!
What do you guys think of this mani/technique?  Any suggestions for what colours/finishes I should try next?

*And on a totally unrelated note, I haven't done a haul post in a while, but that doesn't mean I haven't been buying :p I'm not sure if I want to keep doing them or not, so wanted to know how you guys feel.  Would you like to see what pretties have been droppng through my letterbox, or would you rather just see what I decide to do with them?


12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colours , you always chose the combination :)
    And I love seeing your hauls , so please keep posting Hun x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you :) Nice to know you like seeing them too xxx

      Delete
  2. I really like this! I think the base texture helps hide any missed stamping in a way that a smooth base does not.

    I've just about run out of Show & Tell material, so you have to take up the haul post torch so I can live vicariously thru you. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! I think so too, it all just blurs together in a lovely sparkly pastel mess lol

      Whilst my ho-ing is probably nowhere near as impressive as yours, I may be able to help tide you over with a few oooo's and aaaaah's. I did win a set of Pretty Serious textures from the crumpets millionaire giveaway which is just bloody amazing! they will definitely help! :D

      Ooooh, and on an un-related note, I did my first GITD mani - hell yeah! It took me ages to get to sleep cos I kept pulling my hands out the covers to look haha! xxx

      Delete
    2. Kewl! I look forward to drooling on my keyboard.

      That's one of the reasons I love GITD nails! Ciri likes to hunt them in the bed covers. LOL

      Delete
    3. hehe, get a bowl or something Miss Inky! You need your keyboard.
      I posted it the other day, so it's around here somewhere :)
      Alas, I have no cute cuddly kitty to chase them, not cats allowed in my building :( I suppose I could try asking Charlie, but I'm not sure he'd be up for it XD xx

      Delete
  3. This is lovely. I really love it.

    BTW, are your spice racks for spice ... or for polish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Claire :D
      They are for polish! I have no floor space whatsoever, so a helmer was a no-no for me. If you have a nose around on my stash page I have photos of the 4 I have at the moment. I quite like them to be honest, it's nice to be able to see my polish xxx

      Delete
    2. Great idea! Wouldn't work for me as I am very lazy with the dusting!! :)

      Delete
    3. Thanks! To be honest, so am I, it's pretty much the only thing I actually bother dusting haha xx

      Delete
  4. This looks lovely and yes to haul posts!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )